Re: Howto configure a static IP?

On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 11:14 +0100, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> Hi,
> I've just installed Fedora10 and after the KDE4.2 update everything
> seems really smooth.
> By the way thanks for including the nouveau driver :)
> However we have static IPs here, so I disabled NetworkManager and set
> up eth0 manually using system-config-??.
> That works well, but now some applications think they are not
> connected to the internet (firefox, system-config-software), I guess
> because they depend on NetworkManager.
> Is there a way I can setup NetworkManager to use static IPs, or (I
> would prefer that route) to tell applications that they should not
> depend on NetworkManager for internet connectivity?
> Thank you in advance, Clemens

If you did disable NetworkManager (and yes you can setup static IP's,
and if system-config-network isn't doing it, try
system-config-network-tui as there used to be problems with the gui
method or something), make sure you enable network.

service NetworkManager stop
chkconfig NetworkManager off
service network start/restart
chkconfig network on

Mike Chambers
Fedora Project - Bug Zapper, Tester, User, etc..
mikec302 fedoraproject org