udev weirdness

Hi,

Using the tutorial at http://reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html,
I've written a custom udev rule for my Zalman HD135 case - specifically,
for the built-in VFD + IR receiver. The rule looks something like this:

ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0403",
ATTRS{idProduct}=="6001", SYMLINK+="lcd lcd-zalman-hd135"

The problem is, sometimes (at reboot) it creates the symlinks to ttyUSB0
(as it's supposed to) -- but other times to usbdev[...]. When it links
to usbdev*, lirc and lcdproc don't work. If I run udevtrigger after the
system is up, the symlinks are created correctly every time.

My question is, why does this happen? It's almost as if ttyUSB0 is not
created in time and the symlink gets assigned to the parent (as defined
by udevinfo). Unfortunately, udev doesn't seem to allow me to write a
rule that would match the final ttyUSB0 device...

Thanks,
Konstantin