Re: Fedora/Ubuntu Problems

James Wilkinson wrote:
GERALD HOOPER wrote:
Hi Group
I had to abandon installing Fedora because it was taking up too much
space on my hard drive. Instead I installed Ubuntu 7.1 Gutsy Gibbon
which took up much less space.

Mark Haney wrote:
So, your point?

Gerald had asked for support for getting the latest patches for Fedora 7
(in the thread Space Allocation Problems), and for sending e-mail from
his system. I think this is supposed to be a “problem fixed” report.

Gerald, you should note that Ubuntu 7.10 has an end-of-life date of
April this year. By that time, you should have updated to a newer Ubuntu
(or moved to another distribution) or your system will again be at risk.

Hope this helps,

James.
Thank you for your information about Ubuntu. I have tried installing the latest version of Ubuntu but I have again run into space problems. The advantage of Ubuntu 7.1 over Fedora V7 is that I was able to install all of the updates available and still have a little space in which to work. The only problem that I have had with 7.10 version of Ubuntu is that the Evolution Email System is still full of bugs and I have had to revert to using the Mozilla Thunderbird Email System instead which works OK.
Thanks
Gerry Hooper