Re: USB troubles

         - it does not work with jpilot preferences selected "usb:".
        - If I modprobe visor (or turn off the blacklist visor
in /etc/modprobe.d), the
devices /dev/ttyUSB0 and /dev/ttyUSB1 appear.

You should be aware that these alternatives use two completely different
USB systems. The first (usb:) interfaces to a user-level library called
libusb, while the second is a kernel module. The library is actually
more modern and in my experience more functional and faster, so you
might want to focus on getting that to work.

Thank you for your reply. I do realize this, but clearly I don't know enough to make either option work correctly. I would love to get libusb working---can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!