Changing host window in KVM

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Thu Feb 19 01:15:14 UTC 2009

Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>>>>
>>> In KDE you can use the advanced application / windows option and
>>> force-start qemu Windows in a certain desktop.
>>
>> That wasn't the question. He wants to switch to another desktop while
>> the VM is running fullscreen.
>>

> You have described the question perfectly. ;-)
>
> Unfortunately I don't have an answer, I'd like to leave all three VM
> servers running full screen and just pop between them. Clearly I can get
> there from here, but a short cut would save some time (going between
> full screen and window take 4-5 sec).

If you're using Gnome, go to Preferences->Personal->Keyboard Shortcuts.
Down near the bottom are options for "Switch to workspace N".  By
default they're disabled, but there are defaults for:

	Switch to workspace on the left: CTRL+ALT+Left
	Switch to workspace on the right: CTRL+ALT+Right
	Switch to workspace above: CTRL+ALT+Up
	Switch to workspace below: CTRL+ALT+Down

Is that what you want?  I have no idea how KDE does this.
-            We look for things.  Things that make us go!            -