Removal

David dgboles at comcast.net
Thu Feb 19 14:29:22 UTC 2009

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 05:21 -0500, David wrote:
>> Rick Stevens wrote:
>>> It utterly floors me that we still see these sorts of messages when at
>>> the bottom of EVERY message on the list is the sentence:
>>> Does anyone read anymore?  I guess I'm getting to be a curmudgeon.
>>> - Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer                      ricks at nerd.com -
>>> - AIM/Skype: therps2        ICQ: 22643734            Yahoo: origrps2 -
>>> -                                                                    -
>>> -   Errors have occurred. We won't tell you where or why.  We have   -
>>> -                         lazy programmers.                          -
> list by writing to the list itself.

Sympa, used by Mandriva, does all of its functions, sub, unsub, etc, by
email from 'you' to the mail server.

I 'feel', if you will, a desperation in most of the 'please unsub me'
posts. Perhaps overwelmed by the volume or maybe a limited download
quota. They never come back or mention success so I guess they get off
the list.

I have, in the past, privately emailed help. But I stopped after two
users accused me of stealing their email address and spamming them.  ;-)

Have a nice day.
--

  David