Re: multi-boot and grub [SUCCESS]

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, g wrote:

Michael Hennebry wrote:

What is the magic formula to make this work?

does fc9's '/boot/grub/device.map' show all drives?

It did.

if not, add.

is fc8 shown in fc9's '/boot/grub/grub.conf'?

No.

if not, mount fc8 partition, copy lines from fc8 grub.conf to fc9 grub.conf.

if 'no joy', post grub.conf.

Joy.
It should have been an obvious thing for me to try.
Somehow I got the impression that the grub.conf partition
had to be on the same drive as the kernel image and
that if it wasn't, chainloading was involved.

Thanks much.

--
Michael   hennebry web cs ndsu NoDak edu
"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.