Re: Using rsync to maintain local FC10 updates repo

Gordon Messmer wrote:
Bill Davidsen wrote:
Gordon Messmer wrote:
rsync -auv rsync://mirrors.usc.edu/fedora/linux/updates/10/i386/ \
--delete --exclude=debug/ /repos/fedora/10/updates/i386

Except that this mirror's rsync seems to be broken!  ;)

How does that work? Why don't you need -r to recurse? I tried a small test and it doesn't seem to have become the default behavior or anything.

The man page for rsync states:
    -a, --archive    archive mode; equals -rlptgoD (no -H,-A,-X)

k, my /usr/local/bin/rsync was being run, not the standard one. It has some other useful behavior, though. I forgot I had it on this machine.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>