Re: preupgrade to go from F9 i386 -> F10 x86_64 ?

Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
Phil Bieber wrote:
On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 15:11, Kevin J. Cummings  wrote:
David Timms wrote:

What file tells preupgrade what arch you are on ?
look at /etc/rpm/platform

But is it possible to upgrade between different platforms? I always
thought that one cannot change the platform after installing any
OS....

I did it. It took a little bot of clean up to identify the unneeded leftover .386 RPMs from the needed ones, but I did it. YMMV.
Thanks, I'm going to give it a try. If the cleanup is too hard, I'll just fresh install anyway ;)

Cheers, DaveT