Re: can't display Chinese fonts in Windows openoffice 3.0(English version) on wine (Fedora 9 X86_64)

I'm obviously missing something...I gotta ask...

Why would you run a Windows version of OOo in wine on Linux when you could just run the Linux version of OOo? You might have better luck.

-- Ron

L wrote:
Hi,

my system info:

Linux 2.6.27.12-78.2.8.fc9.x86_64
wine-1.1.9
openoffice: OOo_3.0.1_Win32Intel_install_wJRE_en-US.exe

The installation is ok and works almost.

The problem is that It can't display Chinese font in MS word doc with
Chinese characters. I tried language set as

Tools => options => Language Settings => Languages => Enabled for Asia
languages, selected a chinese  form. but it still can't display. all
Chinese characters are shown as squares.

Hope someone could offer fix

Best

Yuan