F10 -- Xen, VirtualBox, or VMWare?

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Fri Feb 20 18:46:47 UTC 2009

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 18:18:22 +0100, Alex de Jong wrote:

> There's no need to get rid of wine, since you're running XP completely
> seperate of your Linux install.
> Which virtualisation program are you running? I guess you should be able
> to add another CD/DVD-drive by directory in your virtualisation program.

	Well, now I'm really buffaloed. I went looking through the menus
for KVM (which I did not find), and in the process discovered that, God
knows how or why, virtualbox and xen are also on this machine.

	Since I had seen a report that virtualbox could handle the app I
need (Garmin's Topo US 2008), and I did have a launcher for it, I tried
that first; but it requires a serial port, and virtual box says I don't
have permission at /dev/ttyS0, which seems to be the path to use for com1.

	So color me bewildered. If I can find out how to launch KVM, I'll
try that next ...