Re: diagnotic card for Motherboards and PS

Aldo Foot wrote:
I'd like to buy a type of test card to diagnose motherboard problems.
I've seen some options out there; the main thing is to have the ability
to interpret the codes the card spits out.

I also would like a similar test tool for Power Supplies.

Any suggestions for a good model out there? Links?

TIA.
~af

These are tools you use when a computer will not boot... not 'general, everyday use'.

I'm a Computer Repair Tech.
I, personally, use a device called "Power Judge" http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=ATX-2024-PT&cat=PWR for testing PSUs, and Ultra-X P.H.D. PCI (the original version) [P.H.D. PCI2 (newest version) listed here:] http://www.uxd.com/phdpci2.shtml .

As for interpreting the codes... the Ultra-X P.H.D. PCI card comes with a manual to help with diagnosis.

Lyos Gemini Norezel
begin:vcard
fn:Lyos Norezel
n:Norezel;Lyos
org:GBES, LLC
adr:;;;;Ohio;;United States
email;internet:Lyos GeminiNorezel gmail com
title:Computer Repair Technician
note;quoted-printable:"Those who hunt monsters beware, lest they become monsters themselves.Ify=
	ou stare long into the abyss, the abyss stares back into you." --Nietzsch=
	e=0D=0A=
	=0D=0A=
	Mundus Vult Decipi et Decipiatur -- Latin Proverb
version:2.1
end:vcard