Re: F10 -- Xen, VirtualBox, or VMWare?

Beartooth wrote:
On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 18:18:22 +0100, Alex de Jong wrote:

There's no need to get rid of wine, since you're running XP completely
seperate of your Linux install.
Which virtualisation program are you running? I guess you should be able
to add another CD/DVD-drive by directory in your virtualisation program.

Well, now I'm really buffaloed. I went looking through the menus for KVM (which I did not find), and in the process discovered that, God knows how or why, virtualbox and xen are also on this machine.

Since I had seen a report that virtualbox could handle the app I need (Garmin's Topo US 2008), and I did have a launcher for it, I tried that first; but it requires a serial port, and virtual box says I don't have permission at /dev/ttyS0, which seems to be the path to use for com1.

So color me bewildered. If I can find out how to launch KVM, I'll try that next ...

As a test you might want to make yourself the owner of the device or run the virtualbox as root. Find out if that solves the problem.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>