Re: display "stretched"

brian wrote:
Since upgrading to 10 a few weeks ago, I've occasionally logged in to find the display stretched out of shape. Everything appears too tall & thin. Logging out and back in has always fixed the problem.

I've gone through the logs but I really don't know what I should be looking for, nor even what information I might post to this list to help in diagnosing the issue other than my video card info. Can anyone give me some pointers on what to look for, or what I can provide to help solve this?

I can't say ofhand whatis causing it, but if you have access to a "stretched" terminal window, what does xrandr say about the display, and can you use it to return it to the proper size?

The driver is:
SiS 661/741/760 PCI/AGP or 662/761Gx PCIE VGA Display Adapter

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome rcn com