Re: Can I set DPI for login window (GDM)?

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 18:19:45 -0800
Rick Stevens wrote:

> Perhaps it's in decimeters?  It'd match the size, and Samsung has been
> known to do silly things like that.

Nah, I think they just picked nice multiples of 16 and 9 to get the
aspect ratio correct and didn't even care about the actual dimensions
(which don't really matter - if it actually used them I'd be
back to the 4 pixel high characters - I'd rather have huge ones so I
can actually read the text in the dialog box when I'm overriding
the DPI value :-).

I did do the math and computed 1018 by 573 millimeters as the actual
dimensions for a 16:9 46 inch diagonal (it even looks that size
when I measure it too).