Re: qemu-kvm: qns regarding network and usb keyboard setup

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Bill Davidsen wrote:
I have no idea what you mean here, sequences such as Cntl-Alt-2 (control
console) certainly do reach QEMU and bring the expected response. That
they go through the driver, kernel, X11, and for all I know Paris is
detail, the point is that these sequences do pass through unless some
higher level acts on them.

Ctrl+Alt+2 gets passed through to the apps by X11, Ctrl+Alt+F2 doesn't.

You are restating what I just said as though you were disagreeing. Why is that?

The OP said he couldn't pass the Cntl-Alt-F2 and I told him how by going into the QEMU monitor, then you said the key is intercepted by X11, which sounds a LOT like "do pass through unless to higher level acts on them." At least to me. The Cntl-Alt-F2 is acted upon by a higher (X11) level.

Relatedly, I sure wish I could pass Cntl-Alt-Left to the host window manager by some trickery such as using the right Alt-Cntl keys. :-( That passes to the VM when I don't want it to.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>