KDE 4.2 update and sound

Hi all,

before to update I had no sound at login.
Only sound after a few seconds after login, and music at logoff.

Now, I think kde has solved some problems with my sound cards, and now
is enable to play sound at login.

I would like to know where to change the sound in KDE configuration.
I was unable to found in Systel Settings the place where I can change
the behaviour.

Can someone point me in the right menu?

Bye
 Ambrogio