Re: Extending Expiration Date of an Already-Expired GPG Key

Robert L Cochran wrote:
How do I fix this -- I'm using Thunderbird on Fedora 7 on my desktop
machine. However, I travel a fair amount and when I do, I tar up my
.thunderbird directory and scp it to my laptop, which is running Fedora
10. That lets me download and filter my email with the same mail client,
although different versions of it.

When I return home from my trip I then tar up the .thunderbird directory
on the laptop and scp it back to the desktop.

I wonder if this habit contributed to the word wrapping which then
locked up Anne's machine.

I suppose I had better do something about updating my desktop OS...and
do it soon.
Bob,

This is not related to the PGP issues being discussed but I thought you might like to take a look at a tool called Unison. It is a file synchronizer. I've been using it for some time in a fashion similar to what you describe and it makes the process quite easy. I believe it is in the Fedora repository..

BOL,
~~R