Re: Domino on Fedora

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 02:57:43PM +0000, James Wilkinson wrote:
> Nifty Fedora Mitch wrote:
> > Local delivery can be done with procmail.
> Yes, but if the command expects to use /usr/sbin/sendmail to send the
> mail, and that command isn’t there…
> > Nothing has to listen on 25.
> It might help if Domino did…
> > Go with the documented solution and if needed pull sendmail back into the
> > system...   In some ways this should be very much the same as switching
> > from sendmail to postfix i.e.
> >
> >     Postfix is a Mail Transport Agent (MTA)
> >
> > A google or yahoo search of "domino MTA"
> > does find links that support my assertion
> > that Domino is a Mail Transoport Agent.
> You’re missing the point. Postfix provides ....
> Hope this helps,

Domino is moderatly expensive and it is well supported by
the vendor.   Put them to work....!

If yum/ rpm demand that you install postfix or sendmail pick one
and just "chkconfig $it off".

But seriously, Domino/Lotus has a rich support community
and while we can speculate on what it is and is not
the vendor has facts.  Put the vendor to work....

	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Found me a new hat, now what?