Re: Linux users want better desktop performance (Screw data. Prioritize code)

Robin Laing wrote:
Valent Turkovic wrote:
http://rudd-o.com/en/linux-and-free-software/tales-from-responsivenessland-why-linux-feels-slow-and-how-to-fix-that

What is you comment?

I will have to try this at home. My home system is crawling and it could be related to some of these settings. I would like to see other fine tuning settings.

I cannot afford a new machine at this time.

acer use these settings as default on the aspire one in linpus (which is based on fedora 8), though i think this was aimed more for the ssd versions to increase the ssd lifetime more than speed up the user experience