Re: F-10 xmodmap/xkeycaps problem -

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Bob Goodwin wrote:
One indication that it does not work is that when I run /usr/bin/xmodmap
-e 'keycode 116=degree' in F-9 the key to the right of the right ALT key
produces a degree ° symbol.

The same command in F-10 makes it useless, that same key does nothing
and the cursor down arrow key  generates the degree symbol instead as
well as no longer moving the cursor making it impossible to navigate
though a file listing.

You're hardcoding a keycode number, but evdev uses different keycodes.

        Kevin Kofler

I can believe that!  Where can I find the correct codes?

If I can use those "Windows" keys and disable Caps Lock I will be satisfied.

Bob