Re: How to kill qemu without losing (paused) VM?

Neil Bird wrote:

I admit I may be missing something obvious, I'm new to this VM malarkey. On my F10 running the VM manager (which I'd earlier failed to get working but I think burst into life when I manually loaded the qemu kmdl):

I can pause the VMs OK, an come back to them later, but the qemu process is still running, taking up RAM and seemingly eating a little CPU.

Is it not possible to somehow shut the qemu process down on a paused VM for later restart? 'Disconnecting' seemed to only apply to the VM manager, and still left the qemus running.

If you run KVM you can alt-cntl-F2 to get into the manager, then save a session and quit. You can then run the qemu-kvm command with options and restart the session where you left it.

I regret that I haven't done it in over a year and hesitate to quote details which may be misremembered or just changed. It gives you a place to look, at any rate.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>