Re: 2nd try: Was Firewall problem: Only works on a restart.

Tim wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 09:06 -0800, Gordon Messmer wrote:
>
>> You need to reconfigure the firewall service so that it runs after the
>> network service.  It's probably trying to learn what networks are
>> attached to each interface, but can't because the interfaces aren't
>> configured when it runs.
>>

> And wouldn't that mean that for at least some time, you have a network
> without any firewall protecting you?

I've not looked into the OPs problem...  But I do wonder about what
you've said that prompts me to ask...

If the system brings up the network interfaces, but no services that
utilize the network, prior to bringing up the firewall what
vulnerability is the system exposed to...and for how long?

--
Violence is a sword that has no handle -- you have to hold the blade.
Mei-Mei Greshko greshko com http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=cCSz_koUhSg