Re: F10. Synaptic unable to install dl'd packages. Anyone confirm this?

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Nigel Henry
<cave dnb2m97pp aliceadsl fr> wrote:
> Synaptic still hasn't been fixed on F9. It will download the packages ok, but
> complains of MD5 sum missmatches, and is unable to install the packages,
> although subsequently doing an apt-get install for the packages, will install
> the already downloaded packages.
>
> The same problem appears to exist on F10's synaptic, although now there is no
> warning message about MD5 sum missmatches.
>
> Before I file a bug report, could anyone who uses apt, and synaptic confirm
> that on F10, synaptic is unable to install packages that it has downloaded.
>
> Probably not many apt users on the list, but worth a try.
>
> Nigel.

What do you mean "still has not been fixed"? Did you submit a bug
report and the bug was/is not fixed or did you mean you have a problem
with the operation of Synaptic on your system?

FYI, I just ran Synaptic on my F9 system. Downloaded and installed 24
updates. No problem encountered.