Re: can nat work in vlan

ann kok wrote:
Hi

I want to configure 802.1q 3 vlans

eg:

192.168.1.0/24 vlan2

192.168.2.0/24 vlan3 ....

can nat work in those vlan?

NAT is layer 3 games. Vlan is layer 2. Once layer 2 has handed the packet up the stack, layer 3 can do anything it wants with its content. I do things like this all the time.

how does it map?

ls it

iptables --append FORWARD --in-interface eth1.2 -j ACCEPT iptables --append FORWARD --in-interface eth1.3 -j ACCEPT

Well this I can't tell you as I use tools like Shorewall to do the NATing.