Re: Mount added drive -

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
The reason it shows as being in use is because you have an active
logical group on it. You have to deactivate VolGroup01/LogVol02
before you can do anything else with /dev/sdb1. You can use Logical
Volume Management to do this as well.

Mikkel
Ok that problem is fixed.  I used the gnome live cd but run xfce, so
it's system-config-lvm for me.

It's rewritten the file system so I should be able to start again from
scratch.  This may take some time since I'm learning by doing ...

Thanks for the help.

Bob