Re: grub

Patric,
this one has me stumped. What you can try is to run "find
/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.23.17-88.fc7" from the grub shell, and see where
it shows each copy of the kernel.

Hi Mikkel,

This one of the problems, grub does not see the kernel on /dev/sdb5 !

I also tried to install grub from fedora live 10.
The grub installation is OK, ie. it does see both kernels, but then
it scratches when booting, ie. it even does nor execute the grub,
I got an error before offering the choise of the kernels.
So, I had to reinstall grub from /dev/sda8 after using supergrub.
By the way, supergrub does see both kernels and I can boot either /dev/sda8 or /dev/sdb5 from supergrub.

It looks like a bug, but it is not easy to localize it.

Regards.

--
---
 Patrick DUPRÉ                      |   |