[SEMI-OT] USB flash fails to boot on Intel motherboard

john wendel jwendel10 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 28 22:13:58 UTC 2009

I built a bootable flash F10 using the wiki instructions, but I'm having
boot problems. I'm pretty sure it's a bios problem, since it never gets
to grub.

1st try was X86-64 and it didn't boot on either of the 2 intel based
systems I tried. One system prints "boot error" and the other silently
hangs.

2nd try was a 386 version and it booted correctly on my old AMD Athlon
box. But on the Intel boxes, same errors.

I'm sure there must be a bios setting that is incorrect, but I've tried
every bios setting that seems to make sense and it isn't working. If you
have an Intel bios and boot from a USB device, could by post your bios
settings.

Thanks,

John