[SEMI-OT] USB flash fails to boot on Intel motherboard

I built a bootable flash F10 using the wiki instructions, but I'm having boot problems. I'm pretty sure it's a bios problem, since it never gets to grub.

1st try was X86-64 and it didn't boot on either of the 2 intel based systems I tried. One system prints "boot error" and the other silently hangs.

2nd try was a 386 version and it booted correctly on my old AMD Athlon box. But on the Intel boxes, same errors.

I'm sure there must be a bios setting that is incorrect, but I've tried every bios setting that seems to make sense and it isn't working. If you have an Intel bios and boot from a USB device, could by post your bios settings.

Thanks,

John