Re: Unrecognized Hard Drive

Jorge Luis wrote:
I have a 200 MiB Maxtor HD that isn't being seen by the OS.  I have it plugged
into the system through an EIDE/USB converter hub.  It appears that the drive
isn't recognized, but the hub device is.

Was the drive powered up and ready when you plugged the converter into
the USB port?  The scan is performed when the new USB connection is
seen, and if you want the drive to be seen it has to be ready at that
time.  There's probably a way to force a re-scan later, but I don't
know what that might be.

                Do NOT delete it.