Re: Yet More Yum Woe

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 8:11 AM, Beartooth <Beartooth swva net> wrote:
>        Very Dumb Question : Are these lists telling me what *has been*
> removed? Or what I *may wish to* remove, or ...? IOW, am I done??

It did not remove anything. It found and listed the orphans. If you
run the same command again, you should get the exact same list.
orphans are defined as being the specific packages you have currently
installed which do not match the name-version-release.arch of packages
available in any enabled repository.

Care must be taken when choosing what to remove, because you can
install rpms manually which are not from a repository, they will be
listed as orphans as well. your opera and flash packages are suspect
were downloaded and installed without using a repository.

-jef