Two loud clicks booting F10

Booting F10, I hear two loud clicks about 500 msec apart just after the
"Starting udev" message appears (close to the start of the boot
sequence).  There were similar clicks starting F9, but they disappeared
after a kernel upgrade (Sorry, I don't remember which one.)

Has anyone else noticed this?  Any ideas about how to prevent it?

Thanks - jon