Re: APC UPS

Craig White wrote:
> In the US, the warranty on WD drives is 3 times longer than Maxtor and
> my statistically insignificant experience tells me that the Maxtor
> drives are more prone to failure.
>
> I think WD is a first rate hard drive manufacturer even though they
> don't do SCSI drives any more.
>
> Craig

It seams to go in cycles. The brand that is good today may not be
the brand that is good next year. There was a bad batch or two of WD
drives, and the warranty dropped to 1 year for consumer-grade
drives. On the other hand, I have only had one of my own drives
fail, and that was my own fault - I dropped the external case it was
in. (Ice patch.) I didn't even try to get that one covered under
warranty.

Mikkel