Curiosity -- No JRE package in Fedora 10 ??

Hi;

Installed everything OK but I am curious.

I just installed FreeMind -- a mind mapper.  It required JRE as a
dependency and JRE required several libraries and files as a
dependencies.  JRE is a fairly common Java program.

Why wouldn't JRE/JDK be a standard Fedora package and why wouldn't F10
have a mind mapper program as a standard package?

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 10, Gnome 2.24.2