Re: Curiosity -- No JRE package in Fedora 10 ??

On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 13:18:16 -0500
William Case <billlinux rogers com> wrote:

> Hi;
>
> Installed everything OK but I am curious.
>
> I just installed FreeMind -- a mind mapper.  It required JRE as a
> dependency and JRE required several libraries and files as a
> dependencies.  JRE is a fairly common Java program.
>
> Why wouldn't JRE/JDK be a standard Fedora package and why wouldn't F10
> have a mind mapper program as a standard package?

It is. Where did you install FreeMind from? Possibly it's a packaging
problem?

just 'yum install java-1.6.0-openjdk' or pick it in your add/remove
software list.

In any case I see: kdissert and labyrinth available in Fedora that both
seem to be described as mind mapping applications.

kevin