sound stops working on F10

  Sound is a bit quirky - sometimes i hear things sometimes I dont.

  Now it has stopped working - a reboot fixes it. I do see this in the
logs ...

   Jan  2 14:46:02 me pulseaudio[3227]: module-alsa-sink.c: ALSA woke us
up to write new d
ata to the device, but there was actually nothing to write! Most likely
this is an ALSA
driver bug. Please report this issue to the PulseAudio developers.

  Running F10, gnome, fully updated.

  Any suggestions how to make it come back without rebooting ??

   thanks!