Activate second volume group at boot

I have an external drive that I've created a second volume group on. I've done a bit of poring over the init scripts in my /etc and in the initrd image, but there doesn't seem to be any facility to activate anything but VolGroup00 during the boot sequence.

There's something in the netfs script, but from what I can unconvolute (comments in code are a Good Thing[tm]), it's not what I'm looking for. I can write my own init script, but I was wondering if there's already a facility to do it that I've missed, I prefer to use the Fedora Way if it exists.

Thanks,
e.