Re: Login as root in Fedora Core 10

Mark Ryden wrote:
> Is there some "X" setting (or something else) which can
> enable me to login as root in [F10] from the Xwindows login screen ?

(I assume you mean F10 here, not F9 as you wrote. Also note that THERE IS
NO "Fedora Core" anymore! There hasn't been one since the EOL of FC6. It's
called just "Fedora".)

This is a new arbitrary restriction in GDM's PAM setup in Fedora. (There's
no such restriction in the KDM setup.) You'll want to remove the line
mentioning root from your /etc/pam.d/gdm configuration file.

        Kevin Kofler