autherization problem and shutdown problem

Hi

I am having two problems with my fedora 10 system.

1 Once I tried modifying
/usr/share/PolicyKit/policy/org.freedesktop.hal.storage.policy to make
it mount removable pendrives automatically always
   without any authentication. Now I dont know what went wrong, I am
not able to mount my removable drives with deskbar applet or from
nautilus. I have to manually mount it using mount command with root
priviliges. I tried replacing the package that provides this
file(brand new file) still no succes.

2 I dont get a shutdown in my system menu. for that matter no where in
my GUI, I am able to use shutdown or restart (including GDM). I always
hv to shutdown or reboot from command line these days.

Please help me if somebody already faced this problem and worked around it.

thanks in advance

Pritam