Re: HiJacking Threads Was: hostapd for Fedora 10

Ed Greshko wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed Greshko greshko com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hummm.....  It leaves quite a bit open to interpretation and it would
>>> only link one message with one reply.   I was looking for something more
>>> all encompassing.   But never mind....
>>>

>> Linking the reply to the original message is all that's required,
>> given that every message *must* include a standard Message-ID header.
>>

> Which isn't, IMHO, threading.  It is, as you say, simple linking.

FWIW, I've found that RFC 2822 has a better discussion of the use of
"in-reply-to" and "references" headers and their intended usage.

--
"Ain't that something what happened today. One of us got traded to
Kansas City." -- Casey Stengel, informing outfielder Bob Cerv he'd been