Re: ssh clarification needed

On Jan 5, 2009, at 12:01 AM, Todd Zullinger wrote:

Kevin Kofler wrote:
* authentication keys - those are what you use to log in instead of
a password. They're one per user and machine unless you explicitly
copy the private key to a different machine or user account
(something you normally shouldn't do

I presume you mean only the latter part (copying the private key to
another user account) is something that you shouldn't do?

I share the same ssh private key between my desktop server and my
laptop (both as the same user).  I don't see much reason to have two
separate keys for that.

Personally, I might use the same passphrase, but I think I would re- generate the keys on each device.