Problem using RTL formatting in openoffice.org writer

hi list
I can't add RTL LTR formatting icon in my openoffice.org writer
formatting toolbar.
This problem is there since FC6 but i used to work with abiword. now i
need functionality of openoffice writer. everytime I must use abiword to
create documents and then open it in openoffice.
the official build of from openoffice.org doesn't work either. It
complains lack of GLIBCXX that is already installed.
I appreciate if there's any advice or solution.
thanks