Fedora Live USB seems to have expiry date

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jan 5 06:37:05 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 00:24 -0600, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> Seems like after a lot of use of the Live image (using KDE if that's
> relevant) on a USB disk with the overlay enabled, errors seem to
> accumulate.

That's no surprise.  USB flashdrives have a finite life.  Some have
longer lives than others.

I was quite surprised to hear of people successfully using them for this
sort of thing, seeing how I know someone who wore one out rather quickly
using it as his web browser cache location.  I expected the lifespan
would be far too short to be practical for anything other than a
read-only system.

If you want someone else to chime in with more specific information, I
think you'd have to name the particular USB drive that you got.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.9-73.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.