Re: Activate second volume group at boot

Eric Brunson wrote:
Stuart Sears wrote:
On 03/01/09 23:09, Eric Brunson wrote:
I have an external drive that I've created a second volume group on.
 I've done a bit of poring over the init scripts in my /etc and in
the initrd image, but there doesn't seem to be any facility to
activate anything but VolGroup00 during the boot sequence.

what do you mean by 'activate' ?

acknowledge the existence of?

okay, just add the usb-storage module to your initrd.
something like this should do the trick:

mkintrd --with="usb-storage" -v -f /boot/initrd-$(uname -r).img \
$(uname -r)

That fixed it, thanks a bunch, Stuart.
I'll have to do that after every kernel upgrade, though, won't I?

Not if you create /etc/sysconfig/mkinitrd, with this line in it:

This is picked up by the mkinitrd script automatically, which is run on kernel upgrades (or installations)

Stuart Sears RHCA etc.
"It's today!" said Piglet.
"My favourite day," said Pooh.