Re: Upgrade Has Caused A Downgrade

The 'bare metal' install fails while installing the base packages, so there are no logs available. I'm going to attempt to get a re-spin and burn the new DVD from another machine.  It has also been suggested that I try Fedora 10 or CentOS 5.2.  I'll try Fedora 10 if the re-spin doesn't work.

Using Fedora 8, I installed the gkrellm monitor (yum -y install gkrellm*) and all 4-cores are acting independent (as did the 2-cores on the original AMD x2).  It could very well be a driver, so I'll poke around the mobo CD and see what I find.

Any other suggestions would be would be considered.

Thanks,
Gene Poole