Re: HiJacking Threads Was: hostapd for Fedora 10

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> FWIW, not many people know that the "From" header in the message body
>> may be totally different from the "From" in the SMTP envelope and that
>> the "From" header isn't used for message transport or delivery.
>>

> I would have thought that anyone that got SPAM with their own
> address as both the To: and From: address would have noticed that,
> but I could be over-estimating people...

Yes....  Most people would simply look at it and say "how did that
happen".   And, frankly, *most* people don't know what "headers"
are...nor have any idea what SMTP is what a distributor cap does.  :-)
> You could also look at any message on the list and see the same
> thing. From your message:
>
> (envelope-from <fedora-list-bounces redhat com>
> From: Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko(at)greshko.com>

Somehow I hope that folks on this list are a bit more technically aware
than *most* people.  :-)

--
You canna change the laws of physics, Captain; I've got to have thirty
minutes! Mei-Mei Greshko greshko com