Re: Attempting DVD install :Fedora 10 x86_64 missing rpm?

On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 07:18 -0800, Ernest L. Williams Jr. wrote:
> What disks did you use?  And what about DVD -R versus DVD +R?

I've found Verbatim to work best on all my equipment, and I've tried a
fair range of what's locally available.

For live DVD-video recording, I've found +Rs to be the best.  Some DVD
players have some difficulties with some plus discs.  But for anything
else, I can't notice any difference.

Technically speaking, plus discs have an advantage that should make
buffer underruns not happen, as the way the track is formed makes it
easy to turn the laser on and off without any difficulties in continuing
on.  Whereas minus discs have to put padding between stopping and
starting, else there may be a big screwup at the transition point.
However, whether an actual drive does that successfully is another
matter.

You have to test with your own equipment.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.9-73.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.