Mount usb drive with mount -a fails after f10 upgrade

Happy New Year!

I recently upgraded a RHEL5 server to F10. Yes there were many headaches doing the upgrade.

I have one remaining problem that I can not fix.That is the usb drive that I have in fstab will not mount when I issue the following command

mount -a

[root financialseal media]# mount -a
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdc1,
       dmesg | tail  or so
My usb drive mounted fine using fstab with EL5.

I can mount the usbdrive using, all as root

mount -t ext2 /dev/sdc1 /media/usbdisk
or
mount -t auto /dev/sdc1 /media/usbdisk

lsusb and lshal all see this device and see the file system (ext2). This drive I want to mount to a specific location because I use it as a scheduled backup device.

I have searched the web over the holidays and am at a dead end. I do not understand why this quite working after the upgrade.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Joe