Re: USB stick with ext2?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: USB stick with ext2?
From: Bryn M. Reeves <bmr redhat com>
To: Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora. <fedora-list redhat com>
Date: 01/06/2009 06:12 AM

No - ext2/3/4's root inodes are just regular directories and can be owned by any user as Ed already mentioned. I set most of my removable media to be owned by my normal UID/GID for exactly this reason (they can also be labelled with xattrs for e.g. SELinux if required).

That's what happens when there's 50 different filesystems. I guess I need to brush up on my man mount knowledge.

I don't use ext2/3/4 for any drive or media I own nor at work.