Re: Fingerprint authentication when desktop locked

Nicolae Ghimbovschi wrote, On 01/06/2009 11:05 AM:
Hello,

Last week I successfully configured PAM (in Fedora 10) to provide
fingerprint authentication
(http://www.reactivated.net/fprint/wiki/Pam_fprint).
Everything works great.

Except when my desktop is locked, to unlock it I'm asked only for my password.
Why it does not use the pam_fprint module for authentication ?

Below is the listing of my system-auth

$ cat /etc/pam.d/system-auth

Pam is sufficiently confusing to me that I could be wrong here...

but I think you also need to modify /etc/pam.d/xlock and|or /etc/pam.d/xscreensaver if those do not inherit from /etc/pam.d/system-auth.

--
Todd Denniston