Re: System freeze with ATI

2009/1/6 Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>:
> I have been running since the pre-beta and haven't had an issue yet, on my
> Acer "Extensa" using ATI drivers, so you can assume it's not some general
> defect hitting all ATI laptops. I doubt it promises more than that, however

Thanks for replying.

If I use Ubuntu with open source drivers, the same issue occurs.  But
switching to the proprietary drivers everything works fine, with no
freeze.  I am unsure to try fglrx in Fedora right now, because I've
heard that fglrx isn't supported with the current Xorg.

What video card do you have, exactly?

--
Giuseppe Fuggiano